Saw this a few days ago. I thought this part was fascinating. And NO, I personally don’t really feel free, but I know a lot of you do. You can vote, travel anywhere in the USA and abroad, you can buy what you want, you have your smart phones, computers, televisions and you can watch what ever you want but are drawn to dancing with the stars, america’s got talent, honey boo boo, and other mind numbing “reality” shows. Think your free? Read on:
And if we are like caged rats, then what is the nature of these cages, and what would a society look like that was a “rat park” for human beings? Here are some ways to put a human being in a cage:
1. Remove as much as possible all opportunities for meaningful self-expression and service. Instead, coerce people into dead-end labor just to pay the bills and service the debts. Seduce others into living off such labor of others.
2. Cut people off from nature and from place. At most let nature be a spectacle or venue for recreation, but remove any real intimacy with the land. Source food and medicine from thousands of miles away.
3. Move life – especially children’s lives – indoors. Let as many sounds as possible be manufactured sounds, and as many sights be virtual sights.
4. Destroy community bonds by casting people into a society of strangers, in which you don’t rely on and needn’t even know by name the people living around you.
5. Create constant survival anxiety by making survival depend on money, and then making money artificially scarce. Administer a money system in which there is always more debt than there is money.
6. Divide the world up into property, and confine people to spaces that they own or pay to occupy.
7. Replace the infinite variety of the natural and artisanal world, where every object is unique, with the sameness of commodity goods.
8. Reduce the intimate realm of social interaction to the nuclear family and put that family in a box. Destroy the tribe, the village, the clan, and the extended family as a functioning social unit.
9. Make children stay indoors in age-segregated classrooms in a competitive environment where they are conditioned to perform tasks that they don’t really care about or want to do, for the sake of external rewards.
10. Destroy the local stories and relationships that build identity, and replace them with celebrity news, sports team identification, brand identification, and world views imposed by authority.
11. Delegitimize or illegalize folk knowledge of how to heal and care for one another, and replace it with the paradigm of the “patient” dependent on medical authorities for health.
Interesting? No? Here is the Blue Pill for you, enjoy!
Interesting? Yes? Here is the link to the article: Addictions as a Form of Enslavement: the Bruce Alexander Experiments on Rats
Very interesting article.
Peace, Love and Light!!